Bond ETF Fund Flows: As of June 30, 2020
- The last 5 days have seen some asset classes see outflows, but Bond ETFs have continued to collect assets as fixed income ETFs ended June at $965billion (up from $924billion at month-end May).
- As reported by ETF Action:
- Net flows for the year are a positive $96.29billion
- Some risk-off attitudes showed up at month end as high yield bond ETFs saw 5-day outflows of over $3.9billion
- Inflation seems to be a concern as TIP ETFs have seen inflows of $1.9billion in the last 5 days.
- Winners year-to-date:
- U.S. Treasury bond ETFs saw inflows of over $22billion
- Investment grade corporate bonds inflows YTD were over $28billion
- Broad based fixed income ETFs saw inbound flows of $17.5billion
- Outflow leaders year-to-date:
- Senior loan (Bank Loan) floating rate funds have seen outflows of $2.79billion
- Long U.S. Treasury bond ETFs have lost assets totaling over $0.9billion
Source: ETF Action. Data as 6/30/2020.
Bond ETF Assets Under Management
Source: ETF Action. Table is provided for illustrative purposes only. Past performance is not a guarantee of future results. (1) Not all ETFs or asset classes represented here. (2) Excluding floating rate. FactSet classifications are used. Data as 6/30/2020.
Data Resources Used in this Report:
- ETF Action: www.etfaction.com
- At the time of this writing, JR Rieger’s fixed income related holdings include investment grade individual municipal bonds, insured municipal bonds, a municipal bond money market fund and a position in the VanEck Vectors High-Yield Municipal Index ETF (HYD).