USD High Yield ETF Model Portfolio Rebalance Q3 2019
As we enter into the third quarter of 2019:
- Maintaining second quarter allocations.
- Changing corporate high yield exposure from SPDR ETFs SJNK and JNK to iShares by BlackRock ETFs SHYG and HYG due to data reporting being more reflective on iShares.com as well as lower management fees for iShares SYHG v. SPDR SJNK.
- Maintaining a 60%/40% ratio of municipal high yield to corporate junk bond exposure.
- Net higher taxable equivalent yields help make this part of the muni market attractive for higher tax bracket investors.
- When combined with a severe supply / demand imbalance these factors keep municipal high yield relevant in my opinion.
- Longer duration of munis extends duration risk which I feel is appropriate in this rate environment.
Click the above image to enlarge.
Sources: iShares by BlackRock and VanEck. TEY = Taxable Equivalent Yield and assumes a 37% Federal tax rate. Data as of 6/17/2019 unless otherwise noted. 1Data as 6/14/2019. 2Yield averages calculated using Taxable Equivalent Yields and are used for illustrative purposes only.
- This model portfolio is intended to be an illustration of how fixed income ETFs can be used tactically. As always, consult with your financial advisor before investing in any financial product.
- JR Rieger or the Rieger Report LLC has not received compensation either directly or indirectly from the sponsor(s) of the ETF(s) included in this report.
- At the time of this writing, JR Rieger does not own the ETF(s) cited in this report.
Click here for a print friendly version of this report.
Copyright © 2019 Rieger Report LLC. All rights reserved. Redistribution in whole or in part is prohibited without written permission of the Rieger Report LLC. All information provided by the Rieger Report LLC is for informational purposes only, impersonal, and not tailored to the needs of any person, entity or group or persons. It should not be considered financial advice. The Rieger Report LLC receives compensation in connection with licensing its research, advertising on its website, speaking and consulting services.
Past performance of any investment product or index referenced in the Rieger Report is not an indication of or guarantee of future results.
The Rieger Report LLC is not an investment advisor, and the Rieger Report LLC makes no representation regarding the advisability of investing in any such investment fund or other investment vehicle. A decision to invest in any such investment fund or other investment vehicle should not be made in reliance on any statements set forth in this document. Prospective investors are advised to make an investment in any such fund or other vehicle only after carefully considering the risks associated with investing in such funds, as detailed in an offering memorandum or similar document that is prepared by or on behalf of the issuer of the investment fund or other investment product or vehicle. A financial advisor should be contacted to determine what may be best for your individual needs. The Rieger Report LLC is not a financial or tax advisor. A tax advisor should be consulted to evaluate the impact of any tax-exempt securities on portfolios and the tax consequences of making any particular investment decision. No legal relationship is created between you and Rieger Report LLC.
The Rieger Report LLC does not act as a fiduciary or investment advisor. While the Rieger Report LLC has obtained information from sources it believes to be reliable, the Rieger Report LLC does not perform any audit or undertake verification of any information it receives.
The Rieger Report Rankings and model portfolios are opinions of relative ranking among the peer group analyzed as of the date expressed and not statements of facts. Rieger Report model portfolios are intended for illustration only. Any opinion or analysis decisions are not to be construed as recommendations to purchase, hold or sell any securities or to make any investment decisions, and do not address the suitability of any security. The Rieger Report LLC does not assume any obligation to update the content in this publication in any form or format.
Your use of any information from this document or presentation is at your own risk and without recourse against Rieger Report LLC, its members, managers, or employees. To the maximum extent permitted by law, Rieger Report LLC disclaims any and all liability in the event any information, commentary, analysis, and/or opinions prove to be inaccurate, incomplete or unreliable, or result in any investment or other losses.Municipal Bond ETF Model Portfolio
Rebalance for Q1 2019
Click the above image to enlarge.